PLEASE NOTE: Before beginning to set up your Zapier integration with Unibuddy, please make sure the following steps have already been taken:
Your Main Platform Widget URL has been created and supplied to your Customer Success Manager. This URL should be live and not a test site.
At least one (1) prospect or test prospect account has been created.
To successfully integrate your Unibuddy data with Zapier, follow the instructions below:
Make a Unibuddy - CRM Connection Entity (in this case, make a Zap)
Sign up for Zapier at: https://zapier.com/home
Once have signed in, select Zaps from the navigation menu on the left-hand side. From there, create a new Zap:
3. Name your Zap and add a Webhook by selecting Webhooks by Zapier under the App Event section.
4. While adding the Webhook, use Catch Hook under the Choose Trigger Event prompt.
5. A URL is then generated. Copy this URL to your clipboard and share it with Unibuddy Support.
When sending your Zapier information to Unibuddy Support, please also include your desired date format as these can vary for different regions.
For example, dd-mm-yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy.
6. After Unibuddy Support has confirmed that your URL has been added to the backend, click Continue. From there, under the Set up trigger prompt, select Test trigger.
7. Once you receive a successful receipt of test data from Unibuddy to the Zapier Webhook, scroll further down the page until you reach the 2. Action section.
8. Select or type in the name of your CRM, for example: Salesforce, Hubspot.
9. Choose the equivalent Action Event for creating a lead and then click Continue. Salesforce, for example, uses Create Lead.
10. After you click Continue, sign in with your CRM account details to authorize the Zap.
Set up Field Mapping and Data Transformation
11. Select CRM object equivalent to a prospective student. Example: In Salesforce, you may select Lead or Contact.
12. You will then be able to create a Field Mapping between Webhook and CRM using the form. (Below is an example using the Hubspot CRM)
13. Click Continue to verify that the sample data is in the correct columns.
14. Once verified, click Continue and test from there.
15. Should you ever need to add Custom fields to your CRM, just click Refresh Fields in order to map the new fields to the data from Unibuddy.
PLEASE NOTE: For custom fields, we do not automatically send a sample value. To ensure this is working, please make sure you create a test prospect account in the main widget first.
16. Turn the Zap ON, or you can turn Zaps ON or OFF from the Zaps page.
17. Once your Zaps have been turned on, you're all set! Any newly created prospective student account leads will be sent to the Webhook and passed through the Zap directly into your CRM system.
Sample Lead in Salesforce:
Sample Lead in Hubspot: